Calumet City Plumbing (CCP) will send a letter to each resident or business asking set up a convenient appointment time to replace your water meter. The appointment will last approximately 30 minutes.
The resident or business Schedules their Appointment On-Line or calls CCP to make an appointment.
- CCP Installer will arrive within the established appointment window.
- The installer will introduce themself and briefly describe the meter change out process.
- The installer will ask you to be shown where the water meter is located.
- Your water will be turned off for a short period of time (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- The old water meter is removed and the new water meter installed.
- After meter installation, installation data is collected using a handheld computer.
- Time stamped installation information includes pictures, old meter read, new meter read, serial number, transmitter serial number, and customer signature.
- Once the new meter and transmitter are installed, CCP will request you to flush the water lines to remove air or debris and ask you if you have any questions or concerns.